Southern Athena is requesting resumes for a full-time Architecture Technician. The position is primarily an AutoCAD drafting position for someone who is competent and comfortable modeling construction standards in 2D and 3D modeling software.
The Architectural Technician will work directly with a Project Architect to help with the completion of construction documents, renderings and design representation of Architectural features for Commercial and Residential Projects.
This position is a heavy computer-based technical position that requires extreme efficiency, fast-paced learning and attention to detail and deadlines. High-level communication of Architectural designs is critical among multiple disciplines.
Required Experience & Education
- 2-5 years of drafting experience
- Graduate of a CAD degree or certificate program, or just be really damn good.
- Understanding of construction techniques and details
- Autodesk CAD & Revit
- Rendering based add ons (Bring your favorite!)
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Powerpoint, and GSuite (Including Excel)
General Job Responsibilities
- Communicate and coordinate Architectural systems and designs with Architecture team including Engineering, Interiors, and other Consultants
- Arrange and prepare presentations of Architectural designs and intent via 2D and 3D renderings
- Generate construction drawings to include Plans, Sections, Elevations, Details, and Schedules
- Prepare and coordinate Bidding Packages to include Interior, Lighting, Equipment, and Material quantities and details
- Maintain company templates, libraries, and best practice standards for use by others on the team and consultants
- Verify and field measure existing conditions and documentation of construction initiatives
Typical office hours are 8:00AM to 5PM Monday – Friday. Job hours may exceed 40 hours per week when deadlines are approaching.
Salary & Benefits
- $38-55K/year paid hourly
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- Flexible work schedule and remote work opportunities